Sunday, July 24

Going with the Flow

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I am taking a little break at home in Boise. It has been so great. I went on a drive to the mountains yesterday, I can't wait to share the pictures. Also, I have been busy sewing and can't wait to post all about my refashioning. Anyways back to going with the flow, last weekend I had an adventure. Phil, Spencer, David and I left the raving metropolis of Provo behind to kick it in the woods for the night. We were prepared with bug spray, a tent, and a lighter. What more could you need? Here's how it went down...

6:00 pm- This is an hour before we had planned on leaving. Things were not looking like they were going to work out and Phil and I were bummed!

7:30 pm- David gets home from his football game, cheers Phil and I up. We are now ready to camp

Quick stop at the store for supplies

8:30pm- make it Trail Head; commence hike...



10:00 pm- find a good place to set up camp. We thought we were in such a remote spot but really we found out that there was another road/trail head like a 1/2 mile away. Oh well.


Late into the evening- ROAST everything we can think of: hot dogs, smores, starbursts, corn on the cob, apples


Late, Late into the evening- chit chat around the fire

Early, early in the morning- There is no way we can sleep any longer because we were basically sleeping on rocks as our mattresses. So, we decide to roast some muffins for breakfast. The boys were so happy that I had my camera out!


We had to get our morning yoga on...


Hiked a little more...


What did I wish for you might ask.....to have another camping adventure real soon, but don't tell I want it to come true!




No comments:

Post a Comment