Saturday, June 25

birthday time.



June 20th. It is my favorite day of the whole year. Anyone who knows me knows that my birthday is a big deal to me. Why do I love my birthday so much you ask? Well to be honest I am not very sure. I love the fact that it is just my day and I especially love it when I can share it with my dad for Father's Day. It is interesting because each year that it falls on Father's Day my dad would be shipping out to go on tour in Iraq! Coincidence? I think not. This year my birthday was just as great as it always is. This was a big one too..21. I can't believe it! I am so happy not to be 20 anymore. Birthdays tend to make me reflect on my life and what has happened in the last year. This last year was not a pretty one, thats for sure. What I have I learned since being 20:
I am much stronger than I think that I am
I have the most amazing family and dear friends
I learned how to sew
There is always, always, always hope...always
I learned that I LOVE sushi
Look for the positive in life and your day will be much brighter
I have learned so much about the legal system, it ridiculous
I learned how to weld
I changed my major and figured out what I want to really do with my life!

I am pretty sure this list is endless but most important is that life is good. No matter what situation you are going through. It is not always easy but somehow it is always worth it. I am so happy to be 21 and continue to learn and grow!

xo

P.S. I finally got a BARBIE BIRTHDAY CAKE!! I have always wanted one! When my mom went to pick it up the lady asked how old her daughter was turning. When my mom replied 21, the lady gave her the strangest look! I love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment