Monday, August 15

I Spy Red Rocks

One last summer trip...I think so. This was a quickie with Phil, Alec, Mark to Moab, Utah! I have never been there so you know that I had to try it out. First thing I see when we get to our campsite, coyote footprints. Yikes! Camping in the desert was a new experience, its hot, really hot. By six in the morning my tent ( a safe haven from coyotes and snakes the night before) became a sauna! What else is there to do when it is 106 degress but kayak of course!

The Green River was amazingly calm and fun! I was seriously in love with the beautiful red rocks and all of the pretty sights. After a very successful trip and only one major rapid (R.I.P to my cute coverup, it is now floating in the river, hopefully making some fish look gooood) , we were ready to hit the road.

Little did we know that Arches National Park was on the way home. Phil looked at me with that look in his eye and I had to agree, so to the arches we went. Let me first explain that I was NOT prepared to hike around. I threw on my most comfortable dress ready for a long drive home. I looked like a total newb!!! One lady looked at me shaking her head said, " Dear you know it is exceedingly hot down there right?" First of all I must mention we were still in Utah and I loved how she used the word exceedingly and second I knew exactly what I was doing but at least I looked good right? Well as good as you can for sleeping with snakes and being a wild river woman! The arches are AMAZING! There are no way that pictures could do it justice! It was totally worth the $6 I payed to see it! I hope you had wonderful summer trips too!









No comments:

Post a Comment