Friday, August 12

roots.

I was so honored to guest blog for my friend Brittany and wanted to share what I wrote for her. I hope you enjoy it! I am off to Moab to kayak this weekend, so my dear blog friends have a wonderful weekend!

/ˈīdəˌhō/

The very place that we come from defines so much of who we are. I would always tell you that I am a proud Idahoan. In the same breath, I would deny quite adamantly that I was anything like the stereotypical picture of a cowgirl. A very typical question that someone asks after they learn I am from Idaho, “ Oh how are the potatoes?” An answer may or may not be, “ Oh fantastic, right after I ate one, I hopped on my cow and rode to school!” Lets be real, I grew up in a very suburban part of my great state. It wasn’t until this last weekend did I fully embrace what it meant to be from Idaho. I dug potatoes. That’s it I said it. I literally shoveled treasure from the earth and am proud of it. I finally felt like I belonged to Idaho. I went back to my roots and loved every minute of it. This is a very introspective little blog post but feel free to think about your roots. How are you shaped from your family, enviroment, and everything around you? While you are pondering feel free to check out my adventure in farm country! Well friends, this has been fun. We should do it again! Have a wonderful day!



P.S. This might be a slight picture overload, but I wanted you to get the full experience











No comments:

Post a Comment