Wednesday, March 21

st. patty.

This weekend was a fun one for me. My sister came to visit me and I was so happy to have her. She is going to come down again tomorrow so stay tuned for more good times. We went to dinner on Friday night  and after went to find our running costumes. We somehow ended up in GenX and ended up being starred at like we had antlers on our heads. We got our very festive outfits and made it out alive! So on to St. Patrick's day. It was one green day. Not only did we wear green but we decided to eat really healthy and drink a spinach shake. First things first, the 5k.  Somehow my sister talked me into running a 5k with her. My thoughts on running. I am not a natural runner, in fact it takes me a little time to get into running shape. When I do get into shape though, I am hooked. Lately all I want to do is run and run and run. That may or may not have something to do with some big issues on my plate but I really do love to run. On the beautiful morning of March 17th, we ran our race and then made a really yummy spinach shake. For a girl who doesn't eat fruit, I need those nutrients! We made it and it looked AWFUL! I am happy to report that it tasted pretty yummy! I will include the recipe! I made a little video about our race, hope you enjoy!

Dinner at Kneaders:

shot_1331945939359shot_1331945953103
shot_1331946042800


Untitled from Jessica White on Vimeo.

P.S. The music in this video are definitely from our childhood. Bewitched anyone?

Spinach Shake [It looks like mud but I promise it is good]

MANGO GREEN SMOOTHIE
about 2 cups crushed ice
about 1 cup water
Bolthouse Farms, "amazing mango" smoothie juice-  1/3 bottle  (I usually use frozen berries but I have loved this mango lately)
about 3 cups frozen spinach (I buy it fresh from Costco and then freeze it so it doesn't go bad or smell bad)
about 2 cups frozen kale, beet greens, or chard
one banana
3-4 packets of Stevia sweetner (herbal sweetner)
1/2 cup Zoi plain or vanilla yogurt
 about 2 Tblsp flaxseed oil
 

shot_1332002390251 shot_1332002913126 shot_1332002934332shot_1332002924605

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog and I love the glasses. You're so glad you got to go to the byu blogger meet up!

    sherri
    www.sherriamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete