Wednesday, March 28

choices and classy.


shot_1332900704419

"It is our choices far more than our abilities that determine who we really are"-Albus Dumbledore


I have been thinking about this quote a lot lately. I have realized that I look at people and see their abilities and potential and neglect to take into consideration their choices.  This often leaves me clinging to a situation that is not always the best for me because I can see the "potential". I want so badly to have another person see how great things could be. This is sometimes not the case because everyone always has a choice. I have experienced the negative effects of someone who chose themselves over the potential that was there. This is painful and has left scars that I didn't know existed until another similar situation has come around. I am having to relearn that I have  a choice, always. Even though there is potential, I must be true to myself. I must learn to choose myself over a allowing someone to take my power. To find the strength to overcome weaknesses can be exhausting. It can bring me to my knees while I try to muster the courage to stand up for myself.
         With all of these thoughts in my head I enjoyed a really good Tuesday. I know it doesn't sound like it but I really did.  I went to Zupas with my dear friend April and Kaydn. Then that night after my classes I went to an orchestra concert. Guys,  it was so cool. I thought it was so fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't know why I have not taken more advantage of the great music on campus. So life continues on this week with all of my end of the semester projects looming this and next week.
     Have a good day friends. Thank you for letting me think and process my thoughts. You are wonderful.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment